Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Smaller clothes, more to pack

Just over a year ago I started my new lifestyle, and after a month, I was at the Nebraska United Methodist Annual Conference. A lot of people mentioned that they could see the ten pounds that I had lost (they saw it in my face - ref: John Pinette YouTube video about that!). Now I'm getting ready to go back for this year's Annual Conference, 70 pounds lighter. I'm wondering where people will say they'll see the loss from (be careful how you answer this one!)
As I'm packing for the Sessions, meetings, and such, I've noticed that I have smaller-sized clothes than last year (bonus!), but I'm also packing more clothes because of the exercising I'm doing - maybe a walk or jog in the morning, then change into some business attire, then later in the day, change into something for a walk in the evening, and depending on the meetings or dinner plans, having something ready to wear for that.

So as I'm noticing that my "Conference clothes" are taking up less space in my luggage, my overall trip requires more clothes...
How did this happen?
I did agree to take on the "steps" challenge through the Conference (who gets the most steps on their pedometer), but I also have a smaller car to save fuel.
I'm trying to be more economical. Less body weight. Smaller car.
Something isn't adding up.

Ah, whatever. I'll just go for it and smile.