Saturday, January 4, 2014

I like my soup hot.

Ah, a season of caring and kindness and compassion.
Where was it?

To set the record straight, this is my blog - a blog is personal reflections and opinions. So if something here rubs you the wrong way, I know a really nice pharmacist that can sell you a creme or ointment for that.

Over the past year, I've set forth to find the history on things - in short, why things are the way they are. In doing so, I found out more than some people might have wanted. For each rock I overturned, there were more stones underneath.

Over the past year, I started a class to learn to sort and separate people and what makes them who they are, and then put it all back together in particular groups (we are all like this - at our jobs, our families, our clubs or social groups, and each one of those interact with one another within us). This all affects the health of each person.
The key thing I found was how people all seem to jump when a certain group of people said jump, and even when those folks stepped out of the scene, the affect on the group still lingered like a heavy smoke.

In the end, people react how they want (well, we all do), and when people find out that they have done something wrong, what would be the next step?
Do they go on with life?
Do they apologize and try to make things right?
Do they avoid the situation they wronged and pretend like it never happened?

Over the past year, I've only seen one or two people go with #2. Most people have gone with #3, and some have gone with another choice - rumor and gossip about a situation to try to degrade another, not giving any thought to how the view looks from the balcony.

My classes are contining through 2014, so there is still tons to learn. I still have to get oversized paper to writeout some genograms (think a bunch of different colors of lines, all intersecting to different points, and each confusing point meaning something special).

The fun has just begun.