When I went to find a seat, most of the "eye-line seats" were taken, so I got something a little more "up close" - not my personal preference, but it wasn't all that bad. I didn't have anyone in front of me debating on which special effect was better than another, the aisle was behind me, so no one was kicking at my seat, and the closest people to my side was an couple about six seats over who seemed to enjoy the show just as much.
After watching a GREAT movie, I logged my snacks into "My Fitness Pal". I knew that my candy was a bit much, but I didn't realize that my medium popcorn was 630 (corrected) calories. I've had complete meals that are less than that! (I'm now glad I didn't get a large bag)
All the more motivation to exercise, right? Why not?
Even though I wasn't dressed for "exercise walking" (I was still in my Sunday clothes), I figured I could walk around the Mall - three laps equals a mile. And if I could knock out six laps, I'd be back to my two-mile mark, but it has been a while since I did two miles straight. But being indoors, I thought I could get past the clothing issue and push on.
What I didn't know was that it was Children's Fun Day at the Mall - hundreds of kids and the families running around doing games, crafts, etc. I wouldn't have an issue, except that my enthusiasm was starting to drop more and more.
But this is where experience pays off. When I've worked at jobs with lots of people, it has always been something where I've had to rush from point-to-point, so I was able to powerwalk six laps (two miles) through, around, and in between the crowds while averaging my better pace times.
I could easily find excuses for avoiding the movie - it took from my Sunday afternoon nap time.
I could very easily find excuses for avoid walking - who would want to fight that crowd?!
But I saw a good movie and had a great walk, and all I had to do was move take the first steps.
It's so easy to find a reason to *not* do something, instead of simply moving forward and making something happen.
But moving forward isn't really all that hard, either. And it's a lot more fun!