In 12 hours, I will be graduating from Course of Study.
Is this a big deal to you? Maybe, maybe not. Is this a big deal to me? YES!
I've worked really hard to get to this point, and now that it's here, I'm very excited!
This time marks a moment of accomplishment on many levels - Pushing through doubts and discouragements, differing standards, renewal moments, blind walks, lost paths, and so many other things that I could go on and on.
Does this make me "more" of a Pastor? Not really. Does this make me a better Pastor? I pray that the 20 classes have. Does this promise me a better future? Only God can give that. Does this change anything for me? No, I still have to do continuing education, as does every United Methodist Pastor. Does this mean that I get a bigger nameplate? Only if I go spend the money, but I don't have a regular nameplate anyways. Does this mean that my "title" changes? Nope, other than part of my education may increase the amount of time I spend in my involvement in the Order of St Luke (which I have the title "Brother", as in "the Rev. Bro. Kevin Burkhardt", but no one knew that. LOL).
The point is that I am still a Pastor, just one with a couple more classes under my belt, but now I'm ready to set forth in my next level of education, which at this point, I don't know what it will be. It will take some discernment through a lot of prayer and study.
For now though, this part is finally done. The road to get here has been a bumpy one, full of pothole and pits. But as I've traveled it, the scenery has been beautiful.
So now comes the next step... Look out world, here I come!