My Charge Conference is done.
What that means for me right now is some time to get directly work on myself... walking more (which was lacking while sitting in meetings and such prepping paperwork), eating better (which has been hard to do because of running to and from said meetings or other obligations), taking care of personal stuff (which if it wasn't for my Bluetooth speakerphone, I'd go bonkers).
What that means for others is some big change. Change for the good. An opportunity to do things in a new way, and to see things in a new light.
What I've noticed in these past few weeks is that people may say or do things without knowing all of the real facts (like saying that something is or isn't happening, without asking first to see what is going on). It's not always that these people mean something ill-willed... sometimes, they just don't have all of the facts, or their judgement is turned because of some other reason, or because they have never been taught they way it is suppose to be.
And, as sad as it is, there are the one or two who, even though they have some great gifts and/or traits, are the ones who sometimes have to understand that it is not going to be their way, no matter how much they kick, scream, use passive/aggressive behavior, or make nasty faces.
There is a new world... I've found it in my new lifestyle, my ability to go walking without hesitation or frustration. I've found in learning new ways to eat (there really IS more to McDonald's and Pizza). I've found it in new forms of communication.
There is a new world... You can see it in how people interact with one another, as opposed to 25 years ago, or even 10 years ago, or even a couple of years ago. You can see it in how we get from point A to point B. You can see it in how we do our daily lives.
I found something I posted on Facebook last January about when I did a Kids' Message, and as I was describing how things have changed in my lifetime, including the types of tv remotes (remember when they had only 4 buttons?) and when we didn't have cellphones. One child asked "how did you ever talk to your friends?"
What does that tell you about our lives today, versus 25 years ago?
Change happens, and people do things, whether we understand it or not.
We have to learn to communicate, understand, and interact.
Not only can we be better people, but we can also make our communities much better as well.
Blessings!