Thursday, January 10, 2013

The past, the present, the future

My brother has seen this on another blog, and I figured, "why not!" After all, it seems like people were doing so many "share this" on Facebook (and I don't do a lot of 'shares', sorry), but thought that this might be interesting... 
1 - What did you do in 2012/will you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
  • I started my new lifestyle in May 2012, and to date, have lost almost 72 pounds. I haven't seen this number on the scales in years. I've even found that I can do an easy jog up the road, so I'm hoping that my walks will become more brisker and quicker, and eventually turn into jogging.
.
2 - Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for 2013?
  • I don't really do resolutions. I've tried, and would usually fail by day two or three. But if there is a goal to be set, it's to continue on my new lifestyle.
3 - Did anyone close to you give birth?
  • I just found out that a nephew of mine had a baby. I'm also waiting for my 2nd grandchild any day now. Along with being a step-grandpa, I'm collecting the gray hairs. =)

4 - Did anyone close to you die?
  • Not personally close. 
5 - Which countries did you visit?
  • just a home-body
 
6 - What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
That's a hard one. I can want a lot, or be happy with what I have.  -  Probably the personal "space" to allow me some down-time.
 
7 - What dates in 2012 will remain etched in your memory?
  • March 24 - My folks 50th anniversary.
  • August 17 - Graduated Course of Study,
  • some times at the end of August - I know, and that's what matters 
8 - What was your biggest achievement of the year?
  • My new lifestyle, as well as completing Course of Study
9 - What was your biggest failure?
  • How I handled some situations... I can always do better.
 
10 - Did you suffer illness or injury?
  • The first thing that popped in my head was an illness after I returned from Course of Study. We all thought that it was just a bad case of allergies or something, but whatever it was, it sure knocked me on my butt. I was still working, but it was a big struggle.
 
11 - What is the best thing you bought?
  • I now own a Keurig Coffee machine. After seeing a couple of people with theirs, and how they went on and on about it, I have to say that I was impressed. Then when Paulette "pushed me" into getting it for myself because I tend to be really frugal, I did. Maybe a little overboard, but we all do in some way.
 
12 - Whose behavior merited celebration?
  • A lot of people, to be able to put up with me. Paulette and I have jumped some hurdles, and will do so forever (that's life), my folks for putting up with each other. My brother for surpassing some marathon goals. My nephew, Alex, for winning recognition and a college scholarship, and many others that will pop in my head at about 3 a.m.
 
13 - Where did most of your money go?
  • Travel. Both business and personal. I've driven a lot this past year.
14 - What did you get really really really excited about?
  • When my name was called to come forward for the blessing at Course of Study Graduation.
  • When I slid the scales down more and more pounds
  • When I was able to jog without losing my breath.
15 - What song will always remind you of 2012?
  • 2012 - don't know... it depends on where I was and when. Ask me when a song is playing.
16 - Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
  • Happier, by far. Things aren't perfect, but nothing is "perfect". But in reflection, I am much happier now!
17 - What do you wish you'd done more of?
  • Doing it now - new lifestyle (happy, relaxed, eating well, living better)
18 - What do you wish you'd done less of?
  • I wasted a lot of my life worrying. I still worry - that's still a battle, but earlier in 2012, I sure did waste my time with petty stuff.
19 - What was your favorite TV program?
  • NCIS
  • Parenthood
  • Burn Notice
  • Suits
  • (whatever I enjoy)
 
20 - What was your favorite film of this year?
  • I've only seen Les Miz, and given the fact that musicals and operas drive me up the wall, I was SUPER impressed with this movie. Granted, I zzz'd a pinch, but it was a long day - but I'll be buying the DVD when it comes out.
21 - What was the best book you read?
  • I've had to read so many for my job that I have to say that they're all good, but also I'm losing the enjoyment of reading. Right now I'm reading/listening (I have the books, as well as the Audio Book) to a couple of Dale Carnegie books.
22 - How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
  • Oversized...  some of my clothes are too big =)
23 - What kept you sane?
  • Who said I was sane?
  • Laughing.
  • Walking
24 - What political issue stirred you the most?
  • The issue that stirred me the most is the people who think they know what's going on. No matter how much people "think" they know, it seemed like the attitude of the year was Tunnel Vision. Hardly anyone wanted to see all sides of an issue, and many people seemed to be good at pulling one or two sentences out of a paragraph to fit their agenda. Thank God for DVD movies!