And of course, as most clinics do, I had to step on the scales. The dreaded scales. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with the number because my pants have been getting a little tighter.
Well, let's say that "wasn't going to be happy" can't come close to describing my feelings.
Maybe something like "downright pi$$ed off" could be a better term.
Over the past few months, I've had plenty of changes in my personal and professional life. A lot of great things, but change is change, and change causes me a get a little (lot) stressed out, and then I may "stress eat".
In the past, I've done really great, but lately, it has been as easy. I can make a ton of excuses why, but it all lies in how I'm going to handle everything from here.
I made a commitment some time ago to hit a certain goal, and now instead of getting closer to that goal, or at least teetering in a certain area, I'm watching that goal slip away.
Now I know that some might say "But Kevin, you were walking and stuff, and muscle weighs more than fat.
Well, thank you. But I also don't have the build like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
So here's how's it's going to be... I am going to hit this thing full steam, rolling over anything that gets in my way. Head on. Direct. Kicking butt and taking names later. Over the top and laughing all the way. Gritting teeth and snarling the the nay-sayers.
So here's the starting number - 318.
... And bless your hearts.