It's Spring. Or so everyone says so.
The weather was warmer, but now it's cool again. The days are getting longer, but it's hard to tell through the abundance of clouds that have produced cold rain or snow in the past couple of days.
This is the kind of weather that I'd be making pots of soup. I like to make a meaty 7-can soup, or a "cowboy stew" from a recipe that I got years ago. And by pots, I mean at least a couple of batches in a huge pot. I usually enjoy a few bowls for my effort, and then I freeze the rest for those lazy days or moments when I get home and don't know what to cook in a limited amount of time.
But alas, it is still Spring, and I can't escape it. The colorful bunny posters are decorating Shop windows and ads for lawn care and new clothing invades our favorite primetime programs. So maybe I'll take to cleaning house.
When cleaning things, I found stuff that, honestly, I had put out of my mind except for the momentary "I wonder where that went" (until something else invaded my brain). I found things that I thought was lost forever. I found things that I thought was tossed in the trash (no, not rotting stuff - yuk! just old papers and worthless notes).
During my venture, I read a friend's blog about "dirt". She spoke of how we will toss things in a closet when we know that someone is coming to the house in order to make things "nice and clean", only to have our messes still tucked away.
Click here to read her blog...
(Blair is one of those preachers that can speaker directly to you... she seems to write directly to your life)
When I went through some of those "tucked away finds" while cleaning", some emotions were stirred. Some sadness, some anger, some lost, some elation. All in tune with "facing reality". As my friend, Blair, talks about in her blog, the stuff is covered in dust, the dust flies, but the sun is shining. We get dirty as we do our cleaning, but the warmth of the sun is going to keep on coming.
Yeah, the emotions get stirred up, but I'll survive. Sometimes a good scream or tear or laugh can break through an old crusty cover that hardens the heart. So if you see me with a silly smile, or a little watery-eyed, or overly-focused on something over the next few weeks, don't sweat it. It's Lent as well as Spring, and I'll be "Spring cleaning" my soul while Spring cleaning my home.
Blessings to all!