Yeah, welcome to 2014, Spring. Now get to work.
I've tried to walk more, whether it's more laps around the grocery story or a few extra times up and down the stairs at one of my churches. My hope this past winter was to simply go to the Mall and walk laps there, but it has even been too cold to drive the 35 miles for that.
I had a goal to be down so many pounds by this time, again. If I owned a soccer team with these many goals, I'd be wearing a jersey every where I went.
... But none of this is going to get me down. None of this is going to drag on me. I'm better than that. Shoot, I'm going to be 50 this year (ok, maybe that will drag a little bit when I make that "special" doctor's appointment) and I'm going to celebrate it in *style*. (No, I don't know what "style" is yet - with nearing 50 also comes "taking things slow")
But just within the past couple of weeks, I've taken care of some hurdles - I got a sermon recorded for evaluation (and I *hate* hearing & seeing myself on recordings), and thanks to my son, I got the recording reformatted and sent to my colleagues for a class that I'm in. I've embarked on a new "mental journey", sort of like a new exercise for the mind. And I'm making solid plans for the vacation that I can take this year.
I think God laughs when we make those attempts to do things "that particular way", but God probably smiles even more when we do things a little more simpler.
So let's laugh at ourselves and smile a little more too.