Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maybe I've found a hobby?

I have found this AMAZING new activity...it's called "reading".
It's an enjoyable hobby, yet not something that I've totally mastered quite yet. It does require some time, which I have been able to squeeze from here and there in my days, and with the invention of the computer and phone apps, I can even bring a book to wherever I go.

Now that I'm done being a wiseguy, I have to be honest... yes, it has become a bit of a task for me, but if it's just the right kind of book, then I can kick back and relax with my kindle on the phone or on my computers in my one office or at home and read a book.
(By the way - The latest ones I'd recommend are "Jesus, Through the Eyes of Peter" by Jeff Thurman, "Imaginary Jesus" by Matt Mikaltos, and "The Anger Diet" by Brenda Shoshanna.)
(And if you can figure out which one of those I know 'personally', you win a quarter!)
What's neat is that sometimes I can download a book for free, or it only cost a few bucks.

But along the way, people MUST have a break.

Life is moving too fast, and everyone thinks that they have to do it now, and not take time to relax.
Even Pastors have to take a break. Some people might not agree, but we all need to take a sabbath at some point or another. We all have to rest and refresh ourselves if we're going to be any good to anyone.