I'm just getting ready for bed, and turned on my phone app that is a "radio scanner". Right now, I'm listening to some Columbus, Ohio Police units work an assault. It makes me wonder how much of the calls I'm listening to involves my brother who works for Dublin Police as a 911 Dispatcher.
All of this makes me think back to when my brother and I were Police/Fire Explorers, and would do ride-alongs with the Pickerington Police. Back then, there were one or two officers on duty at a time. From what I understand on websites and from old friends, there is a heck of a lot more officers on duty (Pickerington Ohio has grown a lot in the last 30 years).
And just as I was eating a bowl of cherry nut ice cream, and the memories that it brought back, the memories of 25-30 years ago flash through my head.
Times with friends, people "dropping" their books on a table (an inside joke), watching a classmate's dad make fresh cider from apples from an old press,
Now the areas that were simple neighborhoods are "historic districts", but the memories are always going to be there. And whatever brings back the memories will be the same, or might be surprise me.
(By the way, as I'm typing this, the Police are still working the assault call, and caught the bad guys. Why? Because the helicopter in the area watched them with a spotlight run... followed them, and directed the road cops right to them.
Why do people think that you can hide from that big spotlight in the air?)