Some time ago, I remember learning the "KISS" method of doing things - K I S S meaning "Keep it simple, stupid!" It had to do with how we tend to make things harder than what they really are.
For example, when I had to do an assignment for an Ethics class, I had to answer a series of questions in regards to an incident. After I spent at least 3 hours mulling over the questions, disecting each part of each question, wondering if the instructor meant this, or that, or wanted it answered in such a way to explain a certain aspect of something in class, or maybe he meant for us to check a different idea... (and meanwhile, in my mind, I'm thinking "this guy is the head of the Relion and Philosophy Dept at Kansas Weslyan Univ, as well as teaching this Ethics Course at a Theological Institute... This just HAS TO BE a hard question!"
(Yeah, I rambled that much for 3 hours!)
I finally got up the nerve to call the Instructor. I asked him all of those questions and concerns I had.
His answer was - "That's the problem we have today. We have to try to make things so hard. Just answer the questions ONLY as it is written."
So I did the assignment, answering each question ONLY as it was written. I, with all my might, tried to not read into anything. I did ONLY what was on the paper.
And I sweated bullets until I got the grade - an "A".
The cursed calendar is trying my patience again. Do I have the time for this and that - the truely important things?
Actually, the things written on the calendar only take up a few hours at a time. Most of the items are only an hour long maybe. The only items that are "all day events" are things that involve retreats, appointments in which the time is spent driving to and from (which I love to use for reflection time), or when I have a few appts on the same day, but the timing is fine, and meals aren't even a problem (one or two of those days involve being at dinners or, my favorite, going to sporting events - there is nothing better than a hotdog or popcorn at a high school football or volleyball game!)
So relax, take it easy, and keep it simple.
It will all work out just fine.