Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh, you're SO smart!

I recently read a colleague's blog in which she describes how someone was "very concerned" about her eternal future, going so far as to grab the colleague's arm and tap her nose.
I've been making some visits of people who have been making me aware of some things - either what has frustrated people or how much some people are unaware of the workings of the church, both on a Local level as well as the General level.
Last night, someone inquired about a call I respond on recently, asking about how someone was flown out to a specialty hospital, the seriousness, etc. First, I usually cannot answer those question based on the obligations I hold as an E.M.T., but I was able to say that wherever they got their information was way off - as in "it never happened".

One thing I have found is that all is not lost. There is some hope left in the world. There are some people who will take the time to call me and set up an appointment/meeting/visit, and sit and casually chat with me about whatever questions, concerns, ideas, or thoughts they have. And if there is something that is done a way that they may not agree with, then they understand that, well, that's just how it is - just like we know we have to go to the doctor's office, then there's that moment when the doctor has to become "friendly" with us. We may not agree with it, but that's how it's done. (Boy, I can't wait for modern science to make certain things a lot easier!)

I could go through a few biblical references, if not a few dozen, referring to knowledge and such. But instead, I'll just put it like this...
If you don't know, find out. If you don't want to find out, don't say anything. If you do say something and you don't know anything, expect the consequences.

Blessings.