Today was another weigh-in day. I have to admit that I've been so positive with all that I've lost so far - 28 pounds. And seeing the results is motivating me even more. Even the other day when I bought a shirt that I was going to use as a goal, only to find that it already fits me, was one great moment for me.
But as much as I should be happy, for some reason, I'm "not feeling it". Last week (10 weeks), I had only lost one pound for the week. This week (11 weeks), I hadn't lost anything.
Now the positive of this is that I'm not gaining anything. So what am I doing wrong?
Part of my insurance gives me Health Coaching through Web MD. At the same time, they happened to call me today to see how things were going. HA! Perfect timing!
While chatting with the Coach, I looked back at what I've been eating, and there was a day or two when I hit the fried foods, but was still well under my calories for the day.
I looked at some other days and saw that I was really under my daily calories.
... then it hit me - I'm really under my calories.
Now I'm not an expert, but one thing I remember learning is that if I don't take in enough food, the body will start storing as well as slowing the metabolism. And I've been wondering why I've been so tired!
I even looked back at my brother's food diary and saw that he had some days with big gaps, but he also had days when he went over, so for the week, it all equaled out.
Something else I'm wanting to incorporate is some strength training or upper-body workout. My legs are starting to be somewhat "defined", but I'd like my arms to catch up a little. I am concerned that my "weight loss number" might not reflect the fat-loss as much, but I how would I get past that? Should I hire some people to stand in certain business through my day to say things like "wow" and "awesome" and "looking good Kevin"?
Yeah, that's pushing it.
I know that the numbers might level as they did when I once lost lots of fat, gained some good muscle, became much slender, but still weighed the same amount when it was all said and done.
So what do I do... I'm going to head out to the store, get some healthy food so I can spread out my meals in a healthy way, and start working my arms a little more. There is still plenty of flab to come off, and in the end (and gut, thighs, etc), the numbers should show it.
Here we go again =)