Thursday, November 15, 2012

weather changes

At one time in my life, I really liked Fall. Really. The changing colors of the leaves, the brisk air, the cooler temps, and the high school football games.
And then I lost my "insulation".

After losing 60 pounds, I now have to bundle a little more to sit through an evening high school football game the other night (a playoff game).
Okay, I had to bundle a lot.
The problem is that I knew I would be walking a distance (great exercise), so I'm gonna wear my "work out shoes".
Big mistake.

Head to toe, I'm bundled to handle the cooler temps - temperatures that, a year ago, seemed "comfortable". But now I'm trying to stay warm during a football game while the air is 30-something degrees.
But running shoes are made of a "mesh" material so that they'll breath. That means that the cool, brisk air will blow right through. And they're made "snug" enough so the feet don't slip around on the inside.
All this equals "frozen feet".

So as I'm thinking back to the "disadvantages" of losing weight, here's another... loss of insulation.
Bring on the boots!