Someone told me that I should use one of my blogs as a Sermon... Hmm, interesting.
John Wesley kept a detailed journal (for you youngsters, it was like a blog, expect he used something called "paper" and "pencil" or "ink"). Many of his thoughts and ideas are keypoints for lessons in ministry as well as practical life. It's also worth noting that Wesley's Sermons have been published for use today as they were used in his time for his ministers.
Will my blogs ever reach that level - doubt it!
Will my Sermons be something of history - not likely.
But what if...
The most popular name for a preacher's pet would be "Dingo".
People would start wearing sweats as "Burkhardt Day".
A buzzed head would be the look.
People would debate on what I was thinking in most of my blogs (that would be funny to watch!)
Buildings and towns would be called "Burkhardt" (oh wait, there is a Burkhardt Hall at Northeast Community College in Norfolk, NE, and there is a Burkhardt Historic District in Missouri as well as a Burkhardt, Wisconsin).
Then again, I could just wake up and smell the coffee. LOL