Paulette has told me many times that at certain times of my life, I had someone to hang out with, have a cup of coffee with, tells stories with, etc. What she meant was I've had people that I could do what I needed to do, say what I needed to say, be who I needed to be. Her point was that I was happier at those times (and I sometimes wonder if it's also her way of saying that it got me out of her hair for those moments. LOL)
The other night, I got a message from an old friend who was passing through. We spent some hours talking, laughing, telling stories, and so on (even about Coach K watching him play). By the end of the night, I was exhausted from the day, but I was relaxed, at ease, and happy that I got to see my friend.
Then I got a card from the family that I wrote about before - their first son was the first person I baptised. Seeing the family pictures and reading about how their kids are growing brought a great joy to me.
I baptised a young man on Easter Sunday, chatted with a young lady and her daughter who have started attending one of my churches, had the first Sunrise Service that my Parish has had in a long time, enjoyed great fellowship as a Mission-oriented Sunday School class served breakfast after the Sunrise Service...
...and the hits just keep on coming!
I'm amazed at how often people will find fault in things - their kids are living their own lives, the bills are piling up, the weather is different than it was six months ago, the crops are growing without the seed, so on and so on.
Maybe if some people spent more time counting their blessings instead of trying to "one up" others with their problems, we'd all be a lot happier, and people would want to "hang out" more.
SMILE!!!