It's too far.
It's too long.
It's not long enough.
It's too cold.
It's too wet.
It's too dry.
It's too hot.
In the last 72 hours, I've heard so many complaints. This isn't right. That isn't right. He did this. She did that. They won't go here. I can't go there.
Really?
I once measured the distance between two locations. I found out that it's the same distance from point A to point B as it is from point B to point A.
I also found out that if it's 70 degrees outside, it's warmer than 60, and cooler than 80.
I even checked to see if snow will create moisture, and just as I thought, when the snow melted, it turned to water. Wow.
Things don't turn out the way we want. It's just how life goes. We do with what we have in a way in which we have it. For example, wash your car and it will rain, unless you want the rain for your flowers, and then it won't rain for two weeks. Route a trip and you'll end up finding every bump and pothole in the road. Take a "better and faster route" and you'll get stuck in traffic.
I had a goal of 100 pounds lost by this next week. It's not going to happen, but I don't care. I'm very happy with where I am and the progress that I'm continuing to make to get to the 100 pound mark. If I really wanted to complain, I'd gripe that my shoes are loose or that I have to get more smaller-sized clothing. Sheesh - of all the things to complain about.
Day in and day out, people want to "trump" an ailment. If you have a cold, they have a flu. If you have a sore hand, they have a sore arm. I knew of a couple of old ladies who would go back and forth with the "I'm worse than you", to the point of tying up the doctor's office and sometimes an ambulance. Unfortunately, it finally ended when one of the ladies passed away. I guess the other lady couldn't trump that one.
Some people who are close to me have been facing some issues. Each person has asked that it remains private, but what I can say is that the courage that they have had as they faced their issues is something that is quite remarkable. There hasn't been any "whining" or "moaning". There has only been straight out, honest, open conversations. And from these conversations I've learned and grown more and more each time.
Take a look around, and count your blessings. Stop complaining, because everyone knows that you'll only complain about the opposite. Enjoy what you have, because you could have less. Pray for those who are in need, because they may need the strength. Pray for yourself, that you have the heart to be the person who is caring enough for others.
Enjoy life, because it's all you've got.