Mondays - a day feared by many, a day loathed by some, a day of unwanted miseries for a few.
And it only gets worse if you let it.
The last week has been stressful for me... lining up appointments all the way through summer, getting this paperwork and that form filled out. Watching the pile of mail build on my desk, like a strange alien calling out "read me!"
But my Mondays are a "bright" day for me - or at least they should be. See, Monday's are part of my time off. A day when I should be resting, reflecting, and maybe even doing some housework in between (but I did say "maybe". LOL). Monday's are a day when I can sit back (probably more than I should) and think about how my week has gone, and how I'm going to possibly (possibly!) conquer my new week.
I've found that the more someone worries, frets, and throws a fit about something, the less will be resolved. If I worry about getting the dishes done, I tend not to do them. If I fret about how I'll get something accomplished, I'll make myself sick. If I throw a fit about how I didn't get this or that taken care of, I still won't get this or that done.
I set a goal last May - that I would lose 100 pounds in a year.
I've got two weeks to drop around 30 pounds if I'm going to make that goal.
Being realistic, I'm not going to lose 15 pounds a week - that is truly asking way too much. But also being realistic, I have to ask myself how I feel now versus a year ago. I can't worry. I can't fret. I can't throw a fit.
A year ago, it killed me to walk out of my driveway. And my driveway is downhill. Now, I'll do the driveway AND 2 miles around the town in 10 minutes under my time a year ago.
A year ago, I fought like heck to get some clothes to fit me. I'd suck in my gut to get my shirt to fit better, only to have lost brain cells due to the lack of oxygen from holding my breath for too long. Now, my "problem" is seeing if I've got another hole in my belt so my pants don't slip off, or finding something that fits me because it would be way too big.
A year ago, I would "breath" when I talk. Listening to a recording of myself, you could hear each huff and puff as I would be sorting through my Sermon notes or speaking during a meeting. Now, if I huff and puff, it's because I ran that much further this time and pushed myself to gain more endurance.
Don't let me mislead you. This past year hasn't always been a "walk in the park". As a matter of fact, the City Park serves as a reminder to me of where I'd always to try to call it quits, but knew that I had to 3/4 of a mile to go if I wanted to get home, and now I hardly ever stop at the Park for a rest - don't need it. The struggles have been many, the joys have been few, but the main joy of being healthier far outweighs any issue, struggle, or obstacle that comes my way.
I should go now. Maybe I'll get some housework done.
Maybe.