Friday, January 20, 2012

A new life

I just returned from a few days of sessions in Topeka with Clergy from other Conferences. It was an interesting time, as we dialogues about possibilities as 3 Conferences, which currently has 2 Bishops between them, will have one Bishop between the three Conferences starting in September. A proposal is to combine all three Conferences into one, and thus making all of the administrative duties into one system, instead of having three different systems for one Bishop to have to oversee.
If you're confused, you're not alone... I've asked many questions to make sure that I understand (and Thank You to the Transition Team for answering any questions!)

And while I was away at these sessions, I was talking to old friends and new friends, and of all things I had to talk about was, of course, my granddaughter. I was showing people the pictures I had on my cellphone, being the big, proud grandpa.

Also while as these sessions, I ran into a man who was in charge of my Licensing School when I became a Pastor. I had not seen or heard from him in over 7 1/2 years, and it was so nice to see him after all that I've done as a Pastor. It was great to run into him, and even find that we have a common interest in the Order of Saint Luke.

I also needed to get a form signed that will enroll me into the LAST of my Course of Study classes this summer. This, in itself, is a big accomplishment for me. Because of things that I won't talk about right now, I've had to drop a year here and a year there, and it's not a good thing to miss classes, because I'm suppose to have all of rhe classes completed within a certain amount of time.

But with these accomplishments in the past 8 years or less has some lots of heartache, blood, sweat, and tears...so much in the past few years that one Clergy, who I turned to for support when I had to skip classes, told me that she didn't think that I would make it this far. (She will be one of the first people I track down when I graduate!)

I'm not going to get into detail with all that has happened to me over the past few years. That will come out in time.
But until then, watch out, because nothing is going to get in my way. I will complete my last three classes this year, graduate from Course of Study School, and then discern my options and opportunities to pursue the next level.

I'm feeling a bit like Clark Kent, whipping off my glasses and becoming Superman - but if that's the vision that will get me through the schooling as well as the other issues I need to deal with, then so be it.
Or maybe I can be Batman...