I once did a devotional, using my GPS as an example, of how we place too much trust in things that we can't always depend on.
We trust our GPS to get us somewhere, but the GPS can't see the road construction, or, if you use one as much as I do, isn't always accurate.
We trust our coffee pots to work, but of course you'll never know that it has broken down until you wantr that cup of coffee
We trust that when we call Customer Service, but as I recently read in my brother blog, "Customer Service" doesn't mean that they will service the customer as they should or could.
We trust our television shows to be entertaining, but have you ever really wanted to relax to see the program, only to find that it's a repeat?
But how much trust do we put in our friends? Or maybe I should ask how much trust "can" we put in our friends?
Recently I have seen people who have done or not done something that could hurt a great friendship.
In a community that I was told was "so nice" by a few people, I also received the horible customer service, and even when I went to see if I could fix something that I may have done to the business or business owner (and I actually never met the person), there wasn't even an apology for not doing the job they promised.
I've watched people talk about things that they have no knowledge in, or have no business talking about. (And by the way, the most listed sin in the Bible has to do with rumors.)
I recently talked to someone who, whether they may or may not of been the cause of a situation, they were "big enough" to stand up and apologize if they crossed a line. But it takes all parties to make things right.
The ones who do or try to make things right will come out on top, and they can be trusted. Those who would rather spread rumors or hold grudges will lose peoples' trust.
Too often, in this "hussle-bussle" world, we run around and forget to first and foremost, put our trust in God. Then we forget that Christ taught us to forgive.
Believe it.
(Or should I say "trust me"??)