Monday, April 2, 2012

Ya got the time?

I'm enjoying my day off - a day to relax and reflect and rejuvinate myself.
It's also becoming a time to figure out my week - Holy Week - as I make plans to be in the State Legislature tomorrow (and it's not something I can be running late for - the Session starts with me), giving the Invocation at a Prayer Breakfast the next morning (early!), taking part in the Maundy Thursday Service at Pierce, and doing the Good Friday Service in Osmond.
 Somewhere in all of that, I have to prep for Easter Sunday Services as well.

Oh, and let's not forget some homework that's due in my Missions Class the following weekend.

Something that many people may not realize is how busy Holy Week and Easter is for Pastors. And this isn't a complaint, it's a fact of life that Clergy face. This is what we do, and this is who we are.

When I was on vacation, I was asked to answer to someone's opinion of their church (to which I nicely explained to the lady that she needed to get a better understanding of what it meant to go to a Bible Study).
Didn't I just post something about "I'M ON VACATION!!!!" ?

But since my vacation, I'm happy that I now know my nearly 18-year old nephew, I can enjoy a Bahama Mama, and I have the great memories of another vacation.

Now to go pay a bill or two. I think that there is some time left in the day for that =)