Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm melting!

Just  hit the scales again - lost another 3 pounds. That makes 13 pounds in 5 weeks.
(I feel like the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz)

This past weekend, I tighten up my belt for my dress slacks to it's last notch. I also realized at one point that I was wearing the same t-shirt as when I took a picture when I started the life-change at the beginning of May, so I took a picture and put them side by side... Yeah, my face is getting thinner.

So as I continue on this journey, I am looking back on some highs and lows. The ability to lose the weight is, of course, high on the list. A low is giving up some of the sweets and snacks, but they aren't really "lows"... they're new opportunities.
I still have some of the "junk" now and then - I don't deprive myself. One reason I allow myself to have some of those things is because if I don't have them, I know I'll just crave them even more later. So a little bit now and that is it. It might go against some of the rules that some experts have said, but if you've ever seen me with a pizza, potato chips, or donuts, you'll know why I allow the little instead of going for the fight later.

I also leave more of different snacks lying around my house. I used to have chips or cookies, but now it's carrots or apples. If I want an added treat, I might have the "dried apple slices" or something like that. I also get inventive with things... did you ever try apple slices on a peanut butter sandwich? It's something I remember from I think my Boy Scout days... it's tasty (at least for me).

Now granted, when it comes to the exercise, I'm still a little slow with that. I still "obey the law" and don't do ups. I don't walk every day like I could, but I walk as much as I can and make it a point of drinking lots of water. (Why is drinking lots of water a point? First, it's healthy, and second, you can't be lazy in a easy-chair when you have to get up every 20 minutes to pee).

So now comes a big test for me - I have a Conference this week, and at these Conferences, I don't always get to choose my meals - often, the plate is served at my table. So let's see how I do.

Oh, and to explain "Obeying the law", thanks to my brother, enjoy this video...