NBC's "Saturday Night Live" popularity is gained from how it spoofs current events. I hope that a line in last night's episode made a point..."Do you know how this makes you look?"
When even the Devil has to point out to people how they look foolish for supporting people who had a responsibility to protect children, you know something must be getting pretty bad!
NOW... Why do I bring this up?
Because 1-It does make a good point. Do the people realize how foolish they look for supporting someone who knew of the abuse but did something about it? And 2-Because with the sadness and hate and bitterness, there has to be some light of hope and/or humor somewhere. If I had done the SNL skit, I might have had the Devil making "special plans" for the abusers. But again, we need to get past those people and be praying for the victims.
I was reading my brother's blog, in which he was coming back to finding some good news in light of the happenings, and even though he might of had to do some serious searching (he lives in an area of a big city and such), he did find a story of people using the talents of animals to help shy kids with reading.
Today, I preached on using our talents for the good of our community and our churches. (Matthew 25:14-30). Instead of burying our heads in the sand when bad things happen, we need to do something positive for those in need.
Praying is a good start. We all have that talent.
And let's remember to find a smile in our days.
And yes, you can even look it up in the Bible! (Humor and laughter references in the Bible)
Amen.