I'm still working on what I'm thankful for. It can be a challenge in light of different things happening all around, but if one just stops and thinks about it, IT IS NOT THAT HARD!
For example, I could complain that I wasn't able to see Ohio State football today, even though it was listed on my channel guide. Or I could complain about the way that the Huskers played, but what good does being an "armchair quarterback" do?
So instead, I got some laundry done (sure, may not sound exciting, but trust me, I'm thankful to have it out of the way! LOL),
But the most thankful thing today was that I watched some old movies (like "Mary Poppins" - Can you still say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"?) , and caught up a bit with an old friend.
Tomorrow, we're celebrating "All Saints' Sunday" in our churches, and in doing so, we'll be giving thanks for those friends and loved ones who have passed on. And after the Services, we'll also be remembering some of those people during our Charge Conference (an annual Church Meeting in which we come together to complete certain "business" things of the church) as well as telling our stories of how our churches have made an impact on our lives.
Sitting back and reflecting on the great things of the past... and giving thanks for those things.
All of the past makes us what we are today. Take the good and use it for strength, laughter, and joy. Take the hurts and pains and use them to make you stronger.
Then give thanks for the day - even if it is trying to see how fast you can sing along with Mary Poppins. =)