Monday, May 21, 2012

A tough road for a few days

In the past few days, I've been reminded of sad or painful times in my recent past. Between now and the next few months will mark a one-year anniversary for many things for me -  things that have happened in the past year or so that has "changed the course of history" for me.

Of course, that probably sounds so "whatever" (I know the word, but I can't even start to spell it, so I won't bore you by trying), but as with everything else, what happens ever minute of every day impacts our lives in some way throughout our future. It can be something as simple as a recollection or as complex to require therapy and really good medication.

But I'm reminded of something I actually first saw in an old Superman television show - diamonds are made from coal being under pressure. So I'll just look at all of this as my "lump of coal", and the pressure from it can make me a nice, pretty diamond. From there, who knows =)

Whatever this week does hold, I'll just remember that "laughter is the best medicine", "Chapter 6" (it's from a book - ask), and the word "dork" (that one is an inside joke. You have to talk to me to find out what it means).

SMILE!