I recently completed the profile page on the My Fitness Pal website. One of the questions, probably for motivation, was something like "why I wanted to lose weight". All sorts of reason came to mind, and what I could do once I got the weight off popped in my head. One thing was a news report of how lots of people had lost weight through body building, and these particular people were having a special show or competition or something. That would be great, but I'd be nervous wearing those little speedos. My brother lost a lot of weight, and he now runs different types of marathons. He gets nervous for one reason or another, which I won't try to explain... it's just too funny, and it's a "you had to be there" thing.
But seriously, as I posted the other day, to be able to do things just like everyone else - that would be awesome!
So how long is this going to take?
According to my weight loss site/app, at the rate I'm going now, which is the suggested healthy pace, I'll be down to the weight that I was at BEFORE I did a binge-round of a couple of pizzas and a box or two of donuts in a time that I "thought" was a month or two (but was only a weekend if I believe), will take me just 3 or 4 more WEEKS.
Now, if I do the math, somewhere in this equation, I'm figuring that I really messed up!
Now that I've learned my lesson, like sticking a paperclip in a light socket, I turn back to my weight loss site, and see that through the past few days since I started this app, I've managed to stay UNDER the number of daily calories. I've also NOT had any junk food, other than when I first started it, and was having jello during a dinner-meeting (jello has sugar in it, and so it's not as good as I thought for dessert).
And I must admit, I'm happy with myself. For those who don't know my habits, when I drink coffee, I would usually MUST have a donut or roll or something with it. Or in the evening, I've developed a habit of having a bowl of ice cream, and for the last couple of nights, I've not had any "bedtime snacks".
So onward with the fight, winning the battle, conquering the fat!