Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weight Loss Update

As many of you have read on Facebook, I'm working on losing weight. I'm going about this in a variety of ways. One way is an app on my phone so that I can track what I'm eating and to make sure that I'm drinking enough water. Another is that I got my pedometer reset so that I can log it into a website (Virgin Healthmiles, through my Conference.)

So far, I think I'm doing better with my meals. I may not be eat the "best, most healthiest", but I'm not running down to the corner market for a package of donuts for breakfast, as opposed to the bowl of raisin bran each morning.
I'm also noticing that I'm drinking more water. This must be a good thing, because if I "was" drinking anything, it was a 20oz bottle of rootbeer on my way to my Pierce Office, or a mug of draft rootbeer at the local diner. Water is also a lot cheaper of course.

I've run into a problem, especially today, as it's very hot outside... for whatever reason, I was feeling ill or faint earlier. When I noticed it, I started drinking some water, as well as eating an apple. I did start to feel a little better, and was doing even better when I switched t-shirts (the first one was a "winter-knit", and now I've got one that's a bit lighter),

Some of my issue could be because of a medicine I'm taking. I also know that it could be because I'm lessening my carb and caloric intake. But whatever it is, it is bugging me. I so want to grab a big pizza or bag of chips or oversized candy bar.

Well, pushing forward, pushing on.
One pound at a time.