Honesty is defined as "fairness and straightforwardness of conduct, or an adherence to the facts".
I make that statement because I've found that as the paths of people always intertwine, facts and figures get brought up, and the opportunity to confirm information becomes available.
Why is it that people would rather spread stories about a situation instead of visiting the person or going to find out if the facts are true. Just a little bit ago, I found out the facts about something from a year ago, as well as worked to squash a rumor from a month ago. Ugh!
Enough about that - Now to something else...I've made it through my first day of this round of Course of Study classes.
My first class is "New Testament II", with John Lepp, the same instructor that I had for New Testament I last year. Dr. Lepp is a blast. He's really smart on Wesley's writings as well, and so he mixes it all together with the New Testament writings. Sometimes it can make one's head spin, but all-in-all, it's actually very informative.
My other class is "Our Mission from God - Evangelism" with Joclyn Roper. She's good at making class a "conversation" instead of a lecture, just as Lepp can as well. She's also very informed on Evangelism through the Bible, as well as peoples' life experiences. Dr. Roper also holds some positions to where she was able to clear up some questions that I had that created some stress last year. Even though my Bishop could tell me some facts of an incident, Dr. Roper could tell me firsthand how everything had happened... to which made some people look like fools last year.
That brings me back to honesty. Some people seem to like to "spout" what they think is the "truth", yet when the facts are given to them, they want to do the "la la la" or "if I don't see it, it doesn't exist" game.
We all have a responsibility to give the facts to people, and not try to cover the facts with our own personal beliefs. Sometimes, we have to agree to disagree.