During our time here at school, one of the things that have been taught and repeated to us are the questions that John Wesley would ask people, such as "How is it with your soul?"
I've have to admit that I've managed to skirt around the question because of some internal struggles that I've been fighting for a few days now. It's nothing horrible or bad, but it's just something that I can't get in to... to try to explain it would mean going to another story which would lead to another and to another... you get the idea?
So then I remember some things that I've learned, especially last year (although I have to admit, sometimes things don't always sink in until later with me...). First, but not in importance (just getting it out of the way), I'm 46, and already a grandpa. So, why should I worry so much about what other people think or do to the point that it will cause me heartache and/or pain?
Secondly, refering to Luke 17, wherever Jesus is, there is the kingdom of God. So, if one allows the worries to push out the more important things, then are we allowing room for Christ?
(Also, there are scriptural references reering to not worrying, but for now, I'm just going to stick with my thoughts instead of looking up all of the verses - Thx)
In the story of Martha and Mary (Luke 10), Martha was so busy trying to make everything right, while Mary sat at Jesus' feet. Who would be the better of the two?
Martha couldn't take time to be with Christ, while Mary took the time to be with the Savior.
Maybe we need to realize that it's OK, ALRIGHT, FINE, GOOD, or whatever word one chooses, to stop and let God take control, instead of letting someone or something else try to control us.
God bless and good night.