Perception can be a funny thing.
I started this blog as a challenge, and decided to continue it, noting that it is an open blog, that I was going to continue, even noting once when I had missed an evening. Someone asked "oh, are you still doing that?"
I guess they didn't see that blog.
Someone was waiting for a person to show for a standing appointment. The person called asking why they didn't hear from the other. They responded "I've been waiting for you as we've always planned"
I guess they forgot to check they're watch or calendar.
I know of someone that has a Facebook page that will post MANY times to not "poke" or send "game links" to him. Doing so will get you "unfriended". People will then complain because they are taken off his friend list.
I guess they forgot to read his notes, posts, etc.
When I talk to people regarding the Bible, the United Methodist Book of Discipline, or other books, I'm always interested by what their viewpoints are, but I also don't want people to be mislead by things. (For example, do you know where it says "forgive and forget" in the Bible?
Answer = It doesn't. It's comes from Shakespere, I believe).
People want to take the one or two parts of a book or the Bible to fit what suits them and leave the rest out. That won't cut it.
Augustine once said "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself."
Be ready to be accountable. God will hold you to it.