Thursday, September 8, 2011

I have a secret...

It's been a while since I've posted a blog. I can't say why - that's part of my life. All I can say is that I've been busy.

I find it funny that I almost sound like some sort of "undercover agent" or "spy" or something like that, but the truth is that I'm a Pastor, and that title involves many roles.

The best role that I "enjoy" is the part of caring for the people in my communities. I do it in many ways, and sometimes in ways that some might find unusual, but nonetheless, it's what I do, and the joy that I get is seeing something happen in their lives.

The reverse of that is the part that I can't talk about because I have a responsibility of confidentiality in many cases. This can create some tense moments for me, because as people might vent or unload on me, who do I turn to?
Of course, I turn to God, but in a physical realm, I can't come home and say "let me tell you about my day" except to Dingo, my dog (as I'm trusting that she hasn't learned to speak the English language).

That's why I haven't been online as much as usual... It's because I've been taking "me" time that is part of the Commandments that God has given us. I'm taking time for me, so that I can relax and rejuvenate.

Pastors don't have a chance to really "worship" with others at church... we're busy leading the Service. Terry Teykl  once said talked of how when we're leading a prayer, saying "let us pray", some pastors are thinking "did I remember to fix that light bulb that Mrs. Jones told me about as I was walking in" (or something to that affect).

So if you have the opportunity to see me before I start a Worship Service, watch for new something new or different

Pray =)