Thursday, September 29, 2011

You're going to cut me with THAT?

I decided to stop by the doctor's office today and make an appointment to have a little work done.
No big deal (the paperwork will probably take longer than the procedure), but in the back of my mind, I'm recalling the days of when I had to have an ingrown toenail worked on as a kid. That was when I learned that the needle doesn't hurt...it's the novocain that really creates the pain.

Now, I'm getting worried... What was I thinking? Do I really need to see the doctor? Am I going to be a wimp? Can I live with the discomfort that I'm going through already? What if something gets infected? What if the condition gets infected because I DON'T see the doctor?

Who me, worry?
Oh heck yeah!!!!

So do I pray to God to not make it hurt? Let's be realistic. Do I pray that the doctor will just wave a magic scalpel and I'll be healed? Wake up.

Worry is a part of life, even though we know to give our worries over to God in prayer. The idea is to not fret so much about them.
Now if I could just relax so I could get some sleep. (just kidding)

Remember - Don't worry...BE HAPPY!!!!!