Monday, September 26, 2011

I fell off the wagon

I'm back.
As much as I enjoy blogging, or journaling, as a discipline, I've been away. In part, due to my health. I managed to either catch enough dust from the Threshing Bee in my lungs to cause me some issues (I didn't know it could happen, but I'm being told that it does happen to some people), or I caught a cold or something in my lungs.
So I "fell off the wagon" in keeping up with my discipline of journaling.

But I'm back.

Since I was last on, it seems a lot has happened. Facebook has managed to change again, making updated and keeping up with things more difficult for me. I've been given many suggestions on how to "fix the updates" but FB keeps going back to the 'new and improved' way. Sometimes you gotta shout "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Another thing that I'm finding is the level that people will go to get the news. I found that there is a Blogsite that reports news, which would be fine, except they put their own twist on things. This leave it open for people to take it as fact. Then comes the question - why would someone take a blogsite as fact when you can get the information straight from the State Patrol here in Nebraska? Answer - I really don't know.

But then this leads to people spreading what they read on these sites, which then raises the question of ethics, as well the Christian teachings of not spreading rumors or gossiping.

Maybe I'm just too old fashion. Maybe something in how I was raised is finally sinking in. Maybe I'm just (to quote from the Twisted Sister song) "not going to take it any more".

Maybe I hit my head when I fell off the wagon. (By the way - how many thought that I was thinking of "drinking" when you read that?
If you did... shame on you. LOL