but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength. (NLT)
The start of Course of Study always seems to be a stressful time for me, yet I don't know why. After all, the preclass work is in, I have some assignments due, but there is time to get them done, and if I have questions, the intructoris are right here to answer questins, and the Spiritual Enrichment time is always nice (especially here at MTSO).
But maybe I'm "high strung".
- I get worried about what my papers will have written on it, even though I can't do anything about it, or if I DO have to do a re-write, then the instuctor will write what he/she is looking for, and it's just a matter of going into the document in the computer and editing it.
- I find myself always watching the time, even though there is MORE then enough time to get to wherever I need to be.
- I'm worrying about having enough reference materials to do some assignments, even though I've brought plenty of books, AND the seminary has a well-stocked library!
As our Evangelism instructor said, you HAVE to have a sense of humor in church. You also have to be able to have a sense of humor in life. If you can't laugh at yourself, then you can only bring down your spirit, which will only drag you down in many ways.
Even thinking about the movie "Patch Adams", and the reference to laughter releasing endorphines (which I have read somewhere is true), laughter also helps our physical health.
So next time you're having "one of those day", stop and think of something to laugh at. Maybe it's a quote from a social netowrking post, or maybe it's how you bumped into a pole while walking down the hallway at your office, or maybe you just need to pull out your cellphone and pull up that silly music and play it to see how many people will look at you with that weird "huh" face.