For your viewing pleasure, I'm going to start my blog with this...
Click HERE to watch video, but don't forget to come and finish reading =)
I really like this video for a simple reason... I sometimes get really tired listening to things. I need time to vent as well.
I was once told that when I give something like examples in my writings or Sermon Illustrations, I'm always talking about ME, and not someone else. To that, I say "do you SERIOUSLY want me to talk about something else, such as YOU?"
When I took my preaching class, I gave an example of when my son and I had made some Cornish Hens, and then I had to go out on a call partway through dinner, and my son was "nice enough" to clean up while I was gone. The problem was that I wasn't done with my dinner, and so half of my Hen went to the trash.
Gee - thanks son! (Grrr!)
But the point in all of that was it was talking about communication... My son did just what I asked before I took off out the door - he cleaned things up. He just didn't realize that I wasn't finished yet.
Now, I can either tell you THAT story, or I can simply say that when I left on an emergency, my son threw my supper in the trash, and finish it with something like "that rotten kid!"
But if someone can't say what they mean without adding the drama, attitude, and evilness to it, then maybe they need to learn to just shut up. And on the flip side of the coin, when people hear things, maybe they need to get facts, accurate inputs, or see if they even need to be putting their nose in it at all.
An excellent example would be when I (yes, I, me, myself - you weren't there) was taking some classes in 2010, and some things happened in another United Methodist Conference. All sorts of people had so many stories that it would make one's head spin. But as the issue would come up in class, the facts would come out, and the people who wanted to make this issue into too much drama had to find out the hard way that they either never had all the facts, or they "didn't have a dog in the fight".
So I guess the thing to remember as I start my blogs about ME is that it's MY life and I'll live it as I need to, because in the end, I can only worry about me, myself, and I.
So if you THINK you know what's going on in my life otherwise, you don't know crap.